Concrete Sealing Process in Auckland
Concrete Floor Sealing in Auckland NZ
When Concrete is either new or old and tired it is a smart move to have it sealed. It will not only keep the area well presented but it will also preserve the surface and make it much easier to clean and maintain.Depending on the area your concrete is in around your property whether residential or commercial we have various seal options to suit your needs for concrete sealing in Auckland.
Concrete comes in many different types and substrates that can be found both for both interior and exterior applications. There are Concrete Driveways, Vertical Brick Walls, Brick Paver Patios, Basement Floors, etc. Concrete is very porous and can be prone to degradation from Water, Ultra Violet Radiation, wear and tear, etc. By sealing or waterproofing your concrete surface you will add life and protection to your surface.
Why Is Concrete Sealing A Good Idea?
The main reasons to seal and waterproof your concrete are:
- Preventing hairline cracks due to water expansion during freeze/that cycles.
- Prevent water penetration and seepage of water through walls and foundations.
- Enhance the appearance by adding a gloss or darkening the overall color.
- Prevent damage from deicing salts during winter months.
- Provide protection from “Pitting” or “Spalling” or deterioration of the concrete causing chunks of the concrete to separate from the concrete structure.
Once we understand the surface we are treating and what the reasons we are treating the surface for, then we can narrow down what would be the best concrete sealer to use.